Last Modified: October, 6th 2019
Information you provide to us…
We collect information at several different points as we interact with you. This includes when you create an account, order from our online store, communicate with customer service, speak with your account representative, use one of our products or services, register for our newsletter, participate in promotions, or participate in surveys. The information we collect includes things like the name of a pet owner or veterinarian, a pet’s name, pet health updates, mailing addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, and payment information.
What we collect…
When you use our products and services, we collect information about how you are using them and how well those products and services are working. For example, this can include usage data, device data, or patient information management systems (PIMS) data. Our products, websites and emails utilize technology to collect information. This includes things like web beacon data in emails, and via cookies and flash cookie data and device data such as IP addresses, operating system types, and browser types when you use our website. You can adjust your settings in your device browser to disable some of these if you prefer not to share this information. We also collect data when you use our ACT Data platform, including information in user accounts. Each of our services is subject to your consent when you subscribe to the service, and each service may have its own terms and conditions. You can withdraw your consent at any time by unsubscribing from the service and discontinuing use.
What we do with the data we collect from Animal Health Providers…
For veterinary healthcare providers accessing our website, platform, data services, or other products, or downloading apps from our websites, we collect data in user accounts, and we may access, use and archive information, including patient records. We may share your clinic’s de-identified sales volume, and products sold with manufacturers and other industry partners in order to comply with contractual obligations, such as providing information to our manufacturers as an authorized data provider for manufacturer marketing purposes. Our websites, platforms, products, and apps may also each be subject to additional terms and conditions. In addition:
- We do not share personally identifiable information from your customers (including pet owner names, addresses, emails, telephone numbers, or health information on an individually identifiable animal), with any other veterinary healthcare providers, corporate veterinary groups, industry partners, manufacturers, or anyone else, without your express consent to share that information.
- We may share your own data with you, as a veterinary healthcare provider, so you can use that information to deliver the best possible care to your patients.
- We share data analytics, based on de-identified information, with manufacturers and industry partners. For example, this may include data such as total sales of a medication in a certain region or overall compliance percentages of animals with a particular disease, in order to identify trends in the market and inform overall animal care outcomes.
- We work with manufacturers on targeted manufacturer marketing programs. Your participation in any targeted manufacturer marketing program is on an opt-in basis, and any non-de-identified data would only be shared with manufacturers with your consent.
What we do with Pet Owner Data…
For pet owners accessing veterinarian services offered through ACT or otherwise using our services, we collect data to help improve your user experience, and help identify and close gaps in your animal’s care. Information we collect provides insights, which we help turn into action, which means healthier and happier pets!
- We share information with your veterinarian, including any medication or prescription diet purchases you make, so that it can be added to your animal’s medical records.
- We use your information to provide customer service to you, like checking order status or working with your veterinarian to confirm your prescription.
- We do not share your personal information in any way that is not covered in this policy without getting your consent first.
For legal reasons, we may share your personal information to comply with inquiries from governmental authorities, or to protect, defend, exercise legal rights or claims, in connection with end user license agreements, terms of service or other applicable agreements, or as otherwise required by law. If we are legally required to share your information, we will attempt to notify you, unless such notification would violate law or court order.
Managing your data
- Websites. You can adjust and manage the privacy of your information via our websites, which allow you to opt out of certain features that we offer. By adjusting your device or browser settings, you can manage information by adjusting your personal profile, your subscriptions, your cookies, and your location services.
- Email. You can opt out of emails through links in the emails you receive from us. Every email you receive from us will give you the ability to unsubscribe from receiving future emails.
- Products. All use of products is subject to the user consent in the product’s subscription terms and conditions for each product. You can withdraw your consent at any time by unsubscribing from the product and discontinuing use.
- By Contacting Us. You can also contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to change or update your personal information. In some cases, we may have to keep certain information for legal or business reasons.
How we protect your data – Technical safeguards
The security and confidentiality of your information is extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect your information. As part of our efforts to protect your information, we have technical safeguards in place across our products and services, which may include the following:
- Requiring a password or a unique token in order for you to access your personal information;
- Using firewalls to protect information held in our servers;
- Utilizing Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption in transmitting sensitive information to our servers;
- Limiting the number of personnel who have potential access to personal information; and
- Routinely backing up the systems to protect the integrity of personal information.
There is always some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way around our security systems. In the event of a security breach, the first thing we would do is notify you. This notice would include what happened, what information was breached, what ACT is doing to respond, and who to contact with questions. You can expect a notification from us no later than 30 days after we have verified the incident, but in most cases, you will be notified earlier than this.
If you have any questions about this policy or our practices at ACT, please contact us.
ANIMAL CARE TECHNOLOGIES
2701 HARTLEE FIELD RD.
DENTON, TX 76208